[SEL] O.T. Car Battery fix ??

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Mon Jan 15 06:35:06 PST 2007

>From: "Elden DuRand" <edurand at cybertron.com>
>Subject: RE: [SEL] O.T. Car Battery fix ??
>Jerry:

><BIG SNIP>
>Be careful of the gas that is liberated by this kind of charging.  You
>could have an uplifting experience!

Thanks Elden,
         "Been there - done that"
         Years ago when I was even more stupid than I am now I had a
battery on charge in my workshop. Now this was a clean workshop - for
making signs - so I never welded, used an angle grinder or spraypainted in
there.
         Just once I was too lazy to follow my own rules and had a tiny bit
of steel to grind so thought "What the Heck, I'll just do it here in the
woodwork vice". Of course the battery was on charge about 2 paces away and
the grinding sparks ignited it.
         The worst part was cleaning up and changing my shorts. Then I also
had to clean the workshop where everything was covered in battery acid.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787
Intntl.: +2716 365-5787
Cell: 083 293 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans