[SEL] RE: Engine half-way across country........

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Wed Jan 10 21:42:31 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com
[mailto:sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com] On Behalf Of Bill Dickerson
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 4:20 PM
To: 'The SEL email discussion list'
Subject: [SEL] Engine half-way across country........

How hard would it be to find transport for a 6cyl Jeep engine (a 258) from
Torrance, CA to Iowa?
It's an engine Edelbrock used to test intake manifolds. Pretty much stock
but has had a few "tweaks".

Here's the info and if I can get it back to Iowa, I have "first dibs"
Usually these aren't too heavy as far as auto engines - I once witnessed one
fellolw lift one of these shortblocks into a bench himself. This, however,
is complete minus the intake so would be too heavy to simply lift for one
fellow. Two probably could.
I'm wanting it for one of two possible future projects........if I can get
it here.

-----------------------------
 1979 or 1980, AMC 258 Six Cyl. , stock bore, stock compression.
Engine was disassembled refined and reassembled for dyno testing when it was
new.
Crank has been shot peened and polished.
Rods have been shot peened, sized, and new rod bolts installed.
Rotating assembly has been balanced.
It currently has a Motorcraft dist.
Stock exhaust manifold.

The engine was used for dyno testing an intake manifold back in 79-80.
Ironicly the intake and carb are missing from the engine. It has been
sitting assembled in the engine storage area at Edelbrock since 79-80, so it
will need to be gone through before running.
-----------------------------

If it can at least be gotten out of their storage, the rest of the trip here
could take a YEAR or so for all I care...........

Thanks.

Bill
Runnells, IA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bill, have you visited Harry's Classified, lately?  It has recently been
overhauled:

http://www.enginads.com/classifieds/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see there is now a "Hauling
wanted" category.

Regards,

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger