[SEL] Couple questions please

P. Johns enginepaul at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 10:07:18 PST 2007

I have to disagree with the knurling part of the answer. I've knurled
pistons in car and truck engines with great results. It is not 'as good as
new' but it is pretty close in many cases and it does last quite a while.
The last engine I did it to was a Ford 2.8 and drove it about 40,000 miles
with no problem before getting rid of it. (It had too many dents from my
fellow SanFran drivers; otherwise I'd still have it)
I'd ask a machinist for recommendations as to whether it should be done in
your particular situation.