[SEL] Lister Genset help

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Feb 20 11:32:16 PST 2007

At 07:00 PM 20/02/2007, you wrote:
>Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:47:29 -0700
>From: Rupert Wenig <rwenig at telus.net>
>Subject: [SEL] Lister Genset help
>
>Hello Group,
>         The local museum has a lister Genset that has spun the connecting
> rod
>bearing. Fortunately, the problem was caught right away so the crank is
>still ok. I am listing the information I can get from name plates on the
>unit below. We would like to find a manual for it plus we would like to
>know if a connecting rod bearing shell is still available and where
>from. I think the cause of the problem is the oil dip tube is missing
>but I'm not sure. A picture or a sketch of the dip tube would be a big
>help too.
>
>         The specs are as follows:
>  From the engine name plate:
>         No. 66597
>         Spec no. A661
>         HP 3
>         Rpm 725
>  From the control panel plate:
>         Type RHIA
>         No. 139
>  From the plate on the side of the generator:
>         Dynamo no. 70L236
>         Voltage 43/32
>         Amperage 40
>
>         Any help will be greatly appreciated both by me and the museum
> staff.
>Thanks in advance.
>

>Rupert
>Ps. I will be away for the rest of this week so will answer any replies
>when I get back.

Hi Rupert,
         there are engine manuals for the Lister A available  on Paul
Evans's site for a small donation:
<http://www.internalfire.com/>
         I'm not sure about the genset manual though.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787
Intntl.: +2716 365-5787
Cell: 083 293 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans