[SEL] Info from Kentucky

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Wed Feb 14 21:31:56 PST 2007

On Feb 14, 2007, at 8:19 PM, Judge Tommy Turner wrote:

> OK folks, I just got this info from a friend of mine.  Now you'll
> know how to refer to us old iron lovers from KY:
>
> Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America,
> those of us in KENTUCKY will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES.
>
> We ask that you now refer to us as BLUEGRASS-AMERICANS.

Hi Tommy!
The following is meant for educational purposes and is in no way
meant to circumvent the written test administered by the KY DMV:

Kentucky Drivers Test

1. When a police car approaches you from the rear, lights flashing,
you should:

a.  pull over to the side of the road and stop until it has passed.
b.   change lanes to give it the right-of-way.
c.  yell "Yeee-haaa!" and floor it.

2. When driving in dangerous conditions or inclement weather, you
should:

a.  be especially careful to observe the speed limit.
b.   drive more slowly than the speed limit, if conditions so merit.
c.   yell "Yeee-haaa!" and floor it.

3. When approaching a railroad crossing, you should:

a.  stop if there are red lights flashing.
b.   slow down and exercise caution even if there are no lights
flashing.
c.   yell "Yeee-haaa!" and floor it.

4. If you are involved in an accident, you are required by law to:

a.  stop and exchange insurance information with the others involved.
b.   immediately place a call to a local law enforcement agency.
c.   yell "Yeee-haaa!" and floor it.

5. At an intersection controlled by stoplights, a green arrow
indicates that you may:

a.  make a protected turn.
b.   proceed only if there are no other cars waiting.
c.   yell "Yeee-haaa!" and floor it.

6. If a child under four is riding in the car with you, you must:

a.  make sure that he or she is sitting and wearing a seatbelt.
b.   make sure that he or she is sitting in an approved crash-safety
seat.
c.   yell "Yeee-haaa!" and floor it.

7. The blood-alcohol limit for legal driving is:

a.  0.10 percent.
b.  0.08 percent.
c.   yell "Yeee-haaa!" and floor it.

:-)