[SEL] My Ignorance - Forged Welded Wheels

MaytagTwin at aol.com MaytagTwin at aol.com
Wed Feb 14 18:14:58 PST 2007

Hi Paul,
In looking at your wheels, I suspect they are iron or steel, not cast  iron.
I don't think you can forge weld cast iron and also, when I look at  the ends
of the spokes as they poke through the rim, it appears they have been
hammered over like rivets to hold the spokes to the rim.  Cast iron doesn't  respond
well to being hammered.  It will shatter rather than spread.

All this is speculation on my part as I am no expert.

Regards,
Ron Carroll
Clearmont, Missouri

In a message dated 2/14/2007 8:02:42 P.M. Central Standard Time,