[SEL] Mystery engine

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Mon Feb 12 16:34:26 PST 2007

You got me on those Patrick.  The cart certainly looks like its of
Australian origin (reminds me of the Austral carts, very heavy duty).
The engine is a heavy hunk of iron as well.  It looks just the opposite
of engines here in the US.  Often rusty on the outside but not real bad
on the inside.  The baby you photograph doesn't look so rough on the
outside, but sure looks crusty on the inside (crank, governor, gearing,
etc.).  The upright is another one that I've never seen before (probably
one just like it in the shed across the road though..... I say this
because just when you think you've never seen one before, two will show
up at the next engine show or swap meet).

Tommy Turner