[SEL] Coolant tank volume

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Feb 6 13:35:58 PST 2007

At 07:00 PM 06/02/2007, you wrote:
>Message: 25
>From: "Paul Maples" <paulmaples at sbcglobal.net>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] Coolant tank and Maytag Lamp on E-bay
>
>Tommy unless I am wrong, and I probably am, this tank will hold about 50
>gallons of water.
>
>Volume Of A Round Tank
>   Please Enter Tank Radius And Tank Water Depth
>       Tank Radius In Feet
>       Tank Water Depth In Feet
>The diameter of this tank is 20" or 1.6' which would make the radius = .8' X
>Depth which is 42" or 3.5'.
>Am I calculating this wrong? I know it will hold a lot more than 15 gallons.
>Paul

>Hi Paul and All

I get the digest version of the SEL so this question has already been
answered by others but here is the formula for volume. (This is for a
cylinder - a rectangular tank is easier)

Volume= Area x height (or depth)

Area (of a circle) = pi  x radius squared. (Sorry this is not how it's
usually written but I dunno how to put that little superscript "2" up there
with this keyboard :-))

So you just work out the area of the cylinder base and multiply it by the
height (or depth) and the result will be the volume (in whatever units you
are using).

         O.K. - I know most of you already know this but the reason for
this post is just to re-introduce you to a small free programme that I use
(and posted to the list a year or so back). It is called "Convert.exe" and
is very useful to convert almost any unit of measurement to almost any
other unit of measurement. (Like 57 USGallons to 47.46241 English Gallons
to 215.7685 Litres).

         The writers blurb states "Convert is an easy to use unit
conversion program that will convert the most popular units of distance,
temperature, volume, time, speed, mass, power, density, pressure, energy
and many others, including the ability to create custom conversions! "

         It will not calculate the volume for you but makes it easier for
people like me to figure out that 57 USGallons is about 215 litres - that
way I know what you're talking about.

         It's a really great little programme and does not even need to be
"installed" in windows. You just click on the .exe file and away it goes.

It is available as a free download here:
<http://joshmadison.com/software/convert/>

I hope you find it useful.

Best regards
Jerry Evans.
Databak Hard Drive Data Recovery

Databak Hard Drive Data Recovery   ----- The lower cost Data Recovery
Alternative !
We recover your LOST DATA resulting from Hard Drive Failure / Virus attack
/ Accidental or Malicious Deletion of files, Reformatting or Partition Loss
(FDISK).
We also retrieve lost passwords for most popular programmes.
Visit our site:
http://www.databak.co.za
Tel: (016) 365-5787
Fax: 086 635 5696
Cell: 083 293 7191
eMail: jerrye at cyberserv.co.za
Snail Mail: P.O.Box 521, Randvaal. 1873. Republic of South Africa