[SEL] Dolly...... Now very OT

Peter Scales peter at loud-n-clear.net
Sat Feb 3 00:22:38 PST 2007

Dave

For what it's worth, from where I sit, it seems to me that Britain IS moving
towards a police state.  Moving?  Make that running....  Me?  White
umpteenth-generation Brit with French connections in the 17th century.  My
Uncle, decorated three times for bravery, gave his life so that those who
survived him could have a 'free' country to live in.  His charred remains
must be doing 3,600 RPM by now.

I am all for trying to get along, but I am rapidly losing faith in our
system here in the UK.  It disadvantages the law-abiding and decent and
enfranchises the idle and neerdowells.  At the risk of offending, it matters
not a jot to me what colour an individual's skin is, or what deity they
worhsip (or don't).  What IS important is that that individual take
responsibility for their actions and seek to do right by their community.

I think, if you were to ask the average Brit right now, "Do you think the
Law is on your side?", the answer would tend more to No than to Yes.  This
includes us white European immigrants.

     Pete
--
Peter Scales