[SEL] Neat English Engine Recovery Tale

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 16:00:24 PST 2007

Does anyone have an engine similar to this one that says, "METZ." across the top?   I sure would love to have one.   I have the rear drive parts for a Metz car and lots of pictures of this easy to build car.  The flywheel on a Metz engine is the friction plate that my parts will mate to.  Then a couple pieces of channel iron and a wooden car from there.  It would be a very fun project if I could just find that engine.

Alan Bowen
Williamsburg, Michigan

fero_ah at city-net.com wrote: Hiya Folks,

Y'all might enjoy this engine recovery tale from the English Newsgroup.
Great pics as well.

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.rec.engines.stationary/browse_frm/thread/231d8c27ae32666e?hl=en-GB

http://www.tangye.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2637

See ya,  Arnie

PS - It's never too late to make a donation to the Internal Fire Museum.
http://www.internalfire.com/index.php

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com