[SEL] Engine ID needed

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Sun Dec 23 20:27:02 PST 2007

Ken,
    The engine is a Carlisle Finch.  Looks like it may have had a few
modifications.  I can see the exhaust box is missing and a few other
parts.  It would be a nice little winter project to get going.  It
appears to have a belt drive governor on it and I don't remember seeing
a C/F set up this way.  May have been an owner modification.  The best
thing he has is the little generator.  There's several Carlisle Finch
engines out there, not nearly as many of the generators though.  In
their day I think a person could buy the Carlisle Finch as a complete
engine or could buy castings and build it yourself.   I'm sure there are
some SEL folks out there that are much more versed in them than I and I
hope they chime in to add to or correct any of my statements.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY