[SEL] Life happens!!

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Fri Dec 21 10:44:01 PST 2007

Hi Skip.
After that cable broke, I bought a "Mouse Trap" setup and put it on my
1950.
That made the clutch real easy to engage. Plus I liked the way it looked.
My 1984 is rather stiff. I know what you mean about squeezing blood from
a stone.
I don't know what they did but, the new ones are real easy to engage.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
 ,-._,-.      http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
 \/)"(\/
 (_o_)       "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all."

I had put a truckster clutch on my Eagle which made me have a suicide
clutch, no more automatic clutch. I put a hand clutch on and used some
sort
of HD K model cable, that worked. I had to then remove the foot boards
and
use some more HD parts and Bates foot pegs to facilitate a foot shift. I
can
now squeze blood from a stone with my left hand. Solid clutch lugged the
engine but sounded beautiful, broke the crank.
Skip