[SEL] Life happens!!

R & M Ingold randmingold at hotkey.net.au
Wed Dec 19 03:03:05 PST 2007

So, today I decided to edge the grass in the drive.
 (The edger is an'older' model with a 125cc Victa 2 stroke motor and a
cutter blade that would scare hell out of any safety officer!)
MISTAKE!!!
 8.30 am. Half way through this minor chore, the cutter blade passed me at
high speed!  "Gosh" ( or another 4 letter word,) escaped my lips!
Well! would you believe it. A broken crankshaft!!
To make a loong saga short, two trips to a mower shop and hours of
rebuilding, damage to the wallet contents, a bit of missing skin, etc.etc.
saw the drive job completed at 5.30 pm.
I wonder what joys tomorrow holds!

Well, at least it was an engine story!!!
Reg & Marg Ingold.
Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
randmingold at hotkey.net.au
http://www.oldengine.org/members/randmingold