[SEL] What engine is this??

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 07:40:58 PST 2007

On 18/12/2007, Peter Scales <peter at loud-n-clear.net> wrote:
> I must admit, it made me think of Volvo Penta - especially with that
> DynaStart-style starter.  Must be quite an old one though, if it is Volvo
> Penta - pre-70s at a guess.
>

>      Pete

I wouldn't say it was as young as that, the style of the injector top
is 1950's and that starter is a regular inertia starter, possibly a 6V
one at that. The dynamo is what you might be thinking of as the
starter? and that isn't in the shots, it is cradle mounted on the side
of the block, the drive belt is laying loose.

I'd say 1950's or early 1960's.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes