[SEL] Widowmaker / No balls ??

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Fri Dec 14 13:32:21 PST 2007

Hi Jerry,

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Jerry Evans wrote:

> You'd never say the Aussies had no balls if you'd played rugby
> against them :-).
> But of course you guys in the States only play that "sissy" game
> with all the padding <grin>.

Not only do our "girls" play in pads, they require oxygen as well.
Nothing says "athlete" quite as dramatically as a bloke who just ran 40
yards or so, having to leave the game and sit on the sidelines for a while
sucking down pure oxygen.  Contrast that with your average soccer player
(footballer to yunz guys) who runs up and down the pitch for the entire
game.

Now having said that, I will take issue with the "sissy" bit.  The pads DO
permit far more near-lethal hits than what soccer or rugby players deal
with.

And as my final word, I'll give the field to the rugby players.  Ya gotta
admire those guys; they need to wear protective headgear to keep the
opponent from chewing their ears off in the scrum!  THAT'S a TOUGH game!!
8-)))

See ya,  Arnie