[SEL] Factory Hot Tube Ignition

Fuller & Johnson fuller_johnson at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 14:47:19 PST 2007

Fuller & Johnson oil cooled engines came standard with both ignitor and hot tube ignition.  Very late ones were ignitor only.  They were built from 1901 to 1905.

Arnie Fero <fero_ah at city-net.com> wrote:
  Hi Folks,

I'm trying to compile a list of those engines that were supplied from the
factory with hot tube ignition.

For my purposes, I'm excluding the large oilfield engines and half-breeds.
I'm also not looking for the many lamp-start and continuous lamp
vaporizing oil engines.

If you also have an idea of the range of years the engine was offered with
hot tube ignition, that would be a plus.

My list, so far, includes:

- Myric (and later Luther) Eclipse (circa 1903 through at least 1949)
- Fairbanks Morse "T"
- Fairbanks Morse "N"

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

See ya, Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com