[SEL] Desjardins far from home

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Tue Dec 4 16:46:51 PST 2007

Thanks for all the replies. Dennis, Joe's site has some good pictures and good info, this engine wouldn't be a hard restoration, may require casting some parts. It has parts of the clutch on it, the handwheel is missing. It had been converted to sparkplug. Leroy, I left a message with the owner saying I want it, haven't heard a reply yet. If I decide not to keep it I'll let you know. Curt, although I don't speak French, in south Louisiana we are influenced by it. On the way home Dickie Gibbens said his mother was in a garden club, the name was desjardins and something about the bayou, don't remeber exactly what he said. It's hard to translate the accent but I would say    day-zhar- DAn. Family names are a killer for those not familiar, Bonin = Bo-NAn . Prejean = Pray-zhawn, Boudin = Boo-DAn, Hebert = A-bear. Arnie, my friend Ernest Felterman has a model IH Famous, a lady watched it running and said it sounded like a mosquito fart, can't wait to hear this one run.
J.B. Castagnos
Belle Rose, LA