[SEL] valve spanner wrenches

Milo milo at hughes.net
Wed Dec 5 04:18:16 PST 2007

Tom, I've not heard them called "valve spanner wrenches",
but, absolutely, the holes, and slots, in the valve face are for lapping
tools. The two I'm familiar with are the "round stick with rubber cup on the
bottom", and the "right angle drive oscillating type" (it is cranked by hand
like a hand drill, and has either a spade type or spanner type blade to
engage the valve). The round wooden "stick" with the rubber cup, is simply
spun back and forth with the palms of your hands.

Peace
Milo Holroyd
Kalamazoo, MI