[SEL] Fairbanks early serial numbers

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Tue Dec 4 16:10:39 PST 2007

Denis:

I've seen photos of a couple of those engines.  Definitely pre-"Jack".  My guess is that they are in the 1895/1896 range but I'm definitely no expert.

In any case, I'd love to have one of them to go with my "Jack of All Trades".

July 6, 1897 is the last patent date on the plate and it is the original.  I got the cylinder from the son of the then deceased original owner who'd swapped a new jug & piston sometime during it's working days.  Funny thing is, the original cylinder and piston are in pretty good condition.  All I had to do was lightly hone the bore to clean it up........Used the original rings and all.

Take care - Elden DuRand
edurand at mchsi.com
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand