[SEL] Desjardins far from home

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Mon Dec 3 17:05:09 PST 2007

Hi JB,
  One thing kinda interesting, the Desjardins are an engine that was built
up into the 70s I'm told. And still being built with brand new
(NOS?)  Webster Magnetos. They are Canadian built. Its not unusual to see
them in pretty good condition with lots of good paint. Parts are relatively
easy to find.  Nice looking engines!         Mark

At 07:20 PM 12/3/07, you wrote:
>I found a Desjardins this weekend, a rather large engine, guessing 8 to
>10hp. The head has been welded, the flyball governor was in pieces, and
>the rocker arm was fabricated. I can get this engine for a resonable
>price, a little above scrap value, just wondereing about the availability
>of parts. I'll probably get it and put it under the shed as a future
>project, can anyone here tell me more about them?
>J.B. Castagnos
>Belle Rose, LA

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
No Sunday calls if possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark