[SEL] Portland Pictures Please!

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 05:08:13 PDT 2007

On 29/08/2007, Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/08/2007, Paul Maples <paulmaples at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > It should be just about time for the first batch of Portland Pictures to arrive........right?
> >
> > Paul
>
> Just back home again, not seen a bed for 30 hours or so, but we have
> 700 pictures and 3 hours of video footage to edit and sort through.
>
> Peter

I eventually didn't get to bed until about 4am, but found a video
editing programme to pass the hours (got a snorter of a cold which
came out on the last day of our trip)

The edited video on Youtube is a load of cr*p, so much so that I need
to go back and have a rethink about the process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR6M_tyZ7Sk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HYprW6tID8

Looking at the settings, it seems that quite a low resolution is
required for optimum results, something like:

MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format
320x240 resolution
MP3 audio
30 frames per second

I think that ours are probably too high a resolution for their system
and the compression is killing the picture. I'll have another look at
it tonight.

Peter

--
Peter A Forbes