[SEL] Engine found in a friends garage

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 15:38:12 PDT 2007

Hi Carl,

I say it IS a FBM ZC52  3hp TG thumper.
My first flywheel engine was a 1952 model of the same engine.
Instead of the three groove pulley mine had a three groove pulley on a clutch.
That engine has the speed adjust lever, Mine just had the same casting, but it was never drilled for the rod.
Mine had another pulley inside the clutch for a single belt that ran a fan that was part of the condenser unit on top of the hopper.  It served for about 40 years on a Texas oil well running on well-head gas.

I soon grew to hate that engine and traded it off.

I also agree it is a bit older than the one I had so the 1948 serial number works for me.

Alan Bowen
Williamsburg, Michigan

Carl  <carl_scott at hotmail.com> wrote: I need your help to identify an old engine so that I can look for parts to
help a friend. It looks like a F/M. I checked the serial # and if so would
place it at 1948. He says only thing missing is the mag.

Check here to see pictures:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/560427830wesjuC

Also found a strange 6 volt glass heater made by The Fulton Co. can someone help identify what it actually is?

Thanks

Carlton Scott