[SEL] Was: A Welding Question Now: Elliptical Rings

tamatea whanau brent.tamatea at clear.net.nz
Mon Aug 20 23:58:00 PDT 2007

John i thought that was a good explanation on the rings i think that making
piston rings was very much a secretive thing amongst those in the industry
it is abit of an art.Interestingly you mentioned hammering rings in the
1950s i have read it was common practise to hammer the inside area of old
rings with a ball pein hammer gently of course to re tension them if they
had lost there spring. brentnz