[SEL] Need Used Vertical Metal Bandsaw

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 06:33:41 PDT 2007

Hi Paul,

Got a picture of your horizontal band saw?
What is it like when you stand the saw part up to clamp in the piece you want to cut?

A good friend of mine, Bill Wright, has a saw that works both ways.
It is just a horizontal band saw until you stand the saw part up and install a flat table around the blade.

I have a very nice horizontal saw and I have used it vertically with just the tiny piece around the blade.  I am going to make a simple table surface like Bill's saw has.
It is so easy to install that table that if someone gave me a vertical band saw I would sell it rather than have another saw in the way.

I have clamped a straight edge on Bill's saw and done some very fine work.

Alan Bowen

Paul Maples <paulmaples at sbcglobal.net> wrote: You are probably right Bob.

I hate having to go to machine shops to get things cut and made when I can
do it myself if I have the right tool. I have a horizontal metal bandsaw but
need a vertical to make some parts for a cart I am building for my Stover.

I probably will not get any responses but it is worth a try. Thanks for the
come back.

Paul