[SEL] A Welding Question - Apprentices

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Sun Aug 19 18:30:54 PDT 2007

Joe:

I don't have a problem with field of focus with a film camera, providing there's enough light to be able to stop the lens down and get a good exposure.  With a digital camera (a cheap one like I have) there is no iris so the f-stop cannot be set.

What I refer to as distortion is the geometrical distortion.  In other words, if you were to take a photo of a curved data plate, one that's bent around a cylinder, for instance, it would appear to be taller in the center than on the ends because the plate is closer at the center than at the ends.

I was wondering if there is software that will correct for that distortion.

Take care - Elden