[SEL] A Welding Question - CooperTB (Stover CT2)

sutter sutter6 at bigpond.net.au
Sun Aug 19 02:47:19 PDT 2007

Hello Chuck

Yes the feet are identical - only my block sits on an additional base
whereas yours is on 2 steel beams. The whole weight of the engine is on
the 4 feet - there is no contact around the perimeter of the block - so
the repair is going to have to be fairly robust not just cosmetic. I am
reluctant to heat the whole block up as is recommended when welding cast
iron - might crack and stuff the whole exercise up!

Rod Sutter
sutter6 at bigpond.net.au