[SEL] A Welding Question - CooperTB (Stover CT2)

Tony & Jackie kimmell at verizon.net
Sat Aug 18 09:53:57 PDT 2007

Rod,
I just got done welding up the wet head on my 2
1/4 hp Economy.  I used my stick welder with
nickel rod.  I ground the welding surface to a V
and welded about 3/4" at a time letting it cool
for 30-40 minutes between welds.  No preheating at all.

My arc welder is AC/DC, so I used DC+ and it
turned out to be a VERY nice weld.  I ground it
down with my angle grinder and once I paint it,
nobody will know it's even there.

The most important thing is to get the surface
CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!  Otherwise it will be a very
porous weld.  Brake cleaner and a wire brush work
very well.  Just make sure the brake cleaner is
fully evaporated before you start to weld!

--
Tony Kimmell