[SEL] Easy

R & M Ingold randmingold at hotkey.net.au
Thu Aug 9 23:14:52 PDT 2007

I have combed the net after info on the Easy engine. This is the one I
bought in California, at the club get together there.
Hunting Google,
The carb Company, R.F Bracke & Co has nothing apart from a couple of ads for
info from chainsaw folk.
Syracuse Washing Machine Co brings up nothing on the gasoline powered unit,
or the engine.
The carb has me a bit buggered as I need info on the jet(Which is not
passing air under pressure.), etc.
In all my travels to shows, I have never seen an engine like this one.
I have stripped the engine and it is in almost 'as new' condition.
It has a beaut hit & miss governing system inside the cases. Auto Inlet
valve.  A real cutie! Also has a throttle and strange choke setup.
Stuff is missing from this area on the throttle shaft.
Playing detective is enthralling but, Hey, I aint giving up my day job!!
I am pretty sure this is the only one of these engines in Oz. I have never
seen one at a USA show either.
SO, I am begging for any further info that will help me get it close to what
it was years back.
I gather that it is around 1920 vintage.(From the clues on Google)

Reg & Marg Ingold.
Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
randmingold at hotkey.net.au
http://www.oldengine.org/members/randmingold