[SEL] Another Sattley jumped into my truck today. 8>))

MaytagTwin at aol.com MaytagTwin at aol.com
Wed Aug 1 19:18:48 PDT 2007

Hi Alan,
That's Sattley is a fun little engine.  Nice find!

I have one of these, and, a FM dishpan which looks much like the Sattley  but
is throttle governed.  With both running, the Fairbanks supplies the  beat
and the Sattley joins in with syncopation.  It is very  satisfying.

Do not EVER attempt to start either of these 'handle on the flywheel'
engines while wearing gloves.  One winter day I tried starting one of them  while
wearing leather gloves.  Just as I had it up to speed and was going  to release
the intake valve so that it would fire, my glove began wrapping  around the
handle.  I was able to stop the flywheel without letting go of  the intake valve
but it was close.  Had it fired, I fear I would have  become more twisted
than I already am.

Pictures, please, when you get to it.

Regards,
Ron Carroll