[SEL] Starting Stover - Need Help

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Mon Apr 30 07:22:16 PDT 2007

Paul:

It looks like you may have to move the flywheel into the engine a little so the pawl (the vertical piece that operates off of the governor collar) will fully engage the end of the cam roller shaft to hold the roller off the cam when the governor weights are all the way out as if the engine were up to speed.  I couldn't see it too well on your photos, but on my Jack of All Trades, the roller shaft has a short flat on it that the pawl engages.

Take care - Elden
edurand at mchsi.com
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand