[SEL] Famous

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Fri Apr 27 06:41:55 PDT 2007

I finally got my 1914, all original, off the farm,  6 Hp Famous running after
sitting and being repaired for a number of years.  Craig Prucha bored the
cylinder, built up the piston and new rings.  Picture of how I got it started the
first time.

_http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/famous%20belted.jpg_
(http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/famous%20belted.jpg)

I had the 7hp Economy already on the trailer taking to shows.  The belt I had
just was the right length.  Backed the trailer up to the Famous wheels, let
the Economy back on the trailer some and winched the Economy/belt tight.  Fired
up the Economy and engaged the clutch pulley on the Famous and it fired right
up! After the first running it had enough compression to start by hand.  It
is now loaded on the trailer and headed to Reidsville, NC for the show
tomorrow.  It is a great engine!
 (http://www.internet-soft.com/doc/responce.jpg)

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va.