[SEL] What do you think? Get rid of my engines or not?

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Wed Apr 25 00:12:57 PDT 2007

I have a bit of a dilemma - over the years I've collected a number of
engines. Since returning to involvement with my local steam railway and
becoming a Scout Leader I've not touched them in the last three years or
so. I've not had time to play with them. I've not had time to go to any
shows (although I plan on taking the troop to a show this year). The
engines just sit in my shed deteriorating. I've become the kind of
person I was disappointed to meet when I was trying to acquire machines
- a hoarder who does nothing with his machinery. The nearest I get is
these two email lists.

My boys are 10 and 12, but neither have any interest in the engines.

Should I keep them and give them to the boys when they're older or get
rid of most of them?

ps. don't offer to buy them - I'll be ignoring any self-interest answers :)

Paul