[SEL] OT..refering back to the Virginia Tech tragedy

Joe Prindle joe_prindle2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 07:41:52 PDT 2007

--- peter ogborne <jopeter at omninet.net.au> wrote:
> The SEL is there for us to express our own feelings .If it has upset
> some of
> you so be it . I am certainly not going to fall into line just because
> my
> opinion is contrary to yours.

Hello Peter,
You got it wrong, right off the bat. The SEL exists for the discussion of
engines and engine related things. The Slick Willy list is for things such
as politics, guns, etc. People who want engine related information
subscribe to the SEL, folks who like politics subscribe to the Slick list.
A lot of folks like both and are subscribed to both lists.
Having followed the SEL for a long time, I can tell you that the existance
and need for the Slick list has been mentioned here many times. Ken
Christensen has went a step further and created a list just for off topic
stuff.
THe sad part in all of this is that over the past several years I have
noticed a decline in the quantity and quality of engine related
discussions. A lot of knowledgeable folks have either left the list, or
went into lurk mode. So often now it seems that those who do the most
talking are the least worth listening to.
Having feelings that you wish to express to the world does not give you
the right to do so wherever and whenever you please. Unless your feelings
are engine related, you have no right or reason to thrust them upon the
rest of us, who come here to avoid such things from the real world.
Continuing to post political crap to the SEL confirms my theory that you
are an arrogant, argumentative ass-bag who won't let facts get in the way
of his argument.
As you have said "If that has upset some of you, so be it."
Sorry if I ticked you off, but I am thousands of miles away from you,
almost certainly bigger than you and I HAVE A GUN!
Joe

Joe Prindle
Baraboo, WI USA
"All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy." Spike Milligan