[SEL] Pick up in Cheshire England.

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Fri Apr 13 09:54:32 PDT 2007

Hi Frank,

 >Thank you.  I ma checking now to see just where this place is.  The next
 >step is to see if i am the high bedder, and then to figure out how to get
 >it over here.

The postal service would be the best way. However, using it would mean that
you are using a government agency. Better think about that a LONG time
before you decide! (UPS is probably a better solution for you--but it will
cost you about 9 times as much!)

I am working hard at finding another way probably a private shipper
will be best.

 >For the rest of you patient soles out there, I am looking at a Synchronome
 >Master clock movement.  Old iron, but lighter weight old iron ;-)   They
 >were used to run the clocks in school rooms

Were these government schools? If so you had better think twice about this
purchase!
I spent may years repairing these systems in Government schools. As a
repair man you see the schools as they really are. After going into
mechanical design work I had a second job repairing clocks in
government schools That is where I made the money to send my kids to
a private school.

I have no problem taking money from the Government schools, I just
wouldn't send a kid there based on what I saw while fixing clocks.

 >  and railroad stations etc.

Were the RR's private in the UK when this clock was used? If not see the above!

 >   In the US master clocks were made by IBM, Stromberg and others, but the
 > Synchronome is quite unique.
 >
 >Any one on this side of the pond have one they want to dell?  ;-)  To my
 >knowlege, they were never sold in the US.
 >
 >Frank DeWitt

Good luck with your purchase!
          Dave
PS, Tell Dave Croft, when he contacts you off list, that NOTHING in the UK
is big!

Actually I would like to get over there and see some of there big and
wonderful steam traction engines and showman's engines.

Frank

HONOR GOD
SERVE PEOPLE
DEVELOP EXCELLENCE
GROW PROFITABLE
FOLLOWING BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES

    Frank DeWitt              |  mailto:frank at lbpinc.com
    Mechanical Design      |  Phone:  585 624 3052
    LBP  INC.                   |  Fax     585 624 1038
    2365 Cox Rd.              |     N 42.9130  W
77.5164|
    Bloomfield NY 14469   |Web  http://www.lbpinc.com/