[SEL] Fuel Pump Seat Leaking

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Thu Apr 12 21:43:45 PDT 2007

Hi Paul
I have a number of wooden dowels that have various stainless steel balls
glued to the ends of them. I find one that is the diameter of the ball on
the job and use very fine grinding paste and oil, then go as fine as Brasso
polishing liquid (do you guys have that over there?) I just rotate the dowel
as you would grinding normal engine valves, lifting and dropping as you
rotate. Works a treat for me.
I think most balls are common sizes eg. 5/32", 3/16", 1/4", 5/16" etc

Peter, Oz