[SEL] Green Tractor People are Nuts

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Tue Apr 10 05:21:13 PDT 2007

My wife quit collecting "owls" for this very reason. Like she said, her
tastes in owl things sure didn't match others's tastes. So she likes cat
stuff, after getting things from a few folks, she quit saying anything to
anyone about what she likes or would decorate with - she'd rather buy her
how.
I liked the owl things too - however, there are things that look like
owls, then hideous renditions of the poor feathered creature.

Barbara is making a "tractor quilt" for her aunt to give as a gift to
someone. The pattern included applique tractors (green and yellow, so I
supposed JD). She was not impressed, so she got a great embroidery pattern
for her new embroidery machine and did some blocks for the quilt with
that. She sent a few samples of each to her aunt. It was no contest!
The original embroidery pattern also had some sort of weird colors chosen
for certain parts. she knew of my love of tractors, so we changed a few
colors and now it's a decent looking tractor design. Some lucky kid will
have a green, yellow and white quilt with 30 4" x 6" green/yellow tractors
machine embroidered on it. See how tastes can vary..........  ;-)
I did explain that even though it was the WRONG color tractor, I would
help her with it. Red would have been much better.

Bill
Runnells, Iowa
Chapman/OWE&PCo. Registry and History
http://antique-engines.com