[SEL] OT...DVD,playable in the US

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 21:41:31 PDT 2007

On 04/04/07, peter ogborne <jopeter at omninet.net.au> wrote:
> I have sent a DVD recorded here in Australia to a friend in the US .He is
> unable to play it ,the message being that it is the wrong format.Any help
> would be appreciated!
> Peter Ogborne

If the DVD is played on a PC, then it's not normally a problem as the
TV element is not specific (PAL against NTSC or SECAM)

Plenty of DVD player programmes on the net, or you can get DVD players
that can be set to play one or the other. We bought a DVD player in
the States a couple of years ago on one of our visits, it could be set
up to play PAL or NTSC on the remote control. We also found a 'hack'
on the web to make it 'Region-Free' so we can play any region DVD's on
it.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes