[SEL] Residual Oil?

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 01:01:40 PDT 2007

On 07/04/07, rdhaskell at juno.com <rdhaskell at juno.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
> The chart says my Blackstone engine runs on residual oil, what is
> residual oil?
>
> Ron Haskell

There were many types of oils available to run these engines on, and
'residual' oil is one of them.

It's a description of an oil that was a by-product of the main oil
refining process, I'll have a look tonight when I get back home and
see what the old books tell me.

Residual oil can also be used to describe other types of oil, which
makes it a bit confusing, I think that 'Shale' oils come into this
category.

These engines were built in the days when diesel oil/fuel was not
generally available, if at all, and petrol costs for big engines was a
lot of money, as were gas producer plants.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com