[SEL] Mica tubing and washers wanted

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Apr 4 04:12:51 PDT 2007

Teflon is cheaper and much more readily available here in Oz than the Mica.
The Teflon is just as (if not more) robust than the Mica and the Teflon is
no where near as prone to develop tracks for the current to earth out on.
The Teflon is also not as fragile as the Mica.

My big throttle governed Stover YC has an Edd rebuilt Webster bracket using
Teflon. It is a throttle governed engine and runs very, very, very hot. The
Webster ignitor gets a hell of a workout with the heat and the constant
actuation (it does not get a rest like on a hit and miss engine). I have had
two return springs fail so far but no problem from the Teflon.

It is not often that I will agree with both Edd & Reg at the same time :-)
but there are few guys who know more about engines & ignitors than they do
so if they both say Teflon there is possibly some truth to it.

Patrick M Livingstone

Leichhardt NSW

http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html

http://www.users.bigpond.com/pml/