[SEL] The Austral Has Landed!

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Thu Sep 28 17:17:03 PDT 2006

Hi All,
	Some of you may remember that I left Wed. (Sept. 20th) for KA in order to
pick up an 11 HP Austral engine from Rob and Kelley. (See:
http://engines.rustyiron.com/austral/ronaldsontippettaustral.jpg) I got
home with the engine this afternoon. In all it was a 5,375 mile trip! It
was fun, and as a bonus I got to see Reg, in addition to Kelley and Rob!
Rob was correct when he said that the engine was easy to start and ran like
a top--we had it running at 68-70 RPM's most of the morning on Sunday!
Tomorrow I'll see if I remember what Rob and Kelley taught me re: starting
the engine! Jake Faith will be here on Saturday to see my new toy and Arnie
will be over on Sunday so that we can "play engine" then. It's good to be
home and to have the Austral in my drive.
	Dave
PS, Pictures soon
PPS, Life is GOOD!