[SEL] Steam Ploughing - Again!

Jim French fbi at insulate.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 11:32:47 PDT 2006

At the risk of having my ass-width called into question, I've done another webpage about ploughing!
Earlier this month was a great steam ploughing event not far from us, with 13 sets of steam ploughs at work for the weekend.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/dolly/rempstone/rempstone.htm
In honour of this event, I was absolutely determined to learn to use our video camera AND download the resulting film to the PC, edit it and cut it to DVD.  This learning process in itself took a couple of weeks, mainly because Sony software is dreadful and the instruction manual neglets to point out that, while a USB cable is fine for a basic camera-PC connection, the only way to maintain quality is to use Firewire.  In the end, I worked it all out and the resulting film has been edited but, at 5GB for 30 mins of DVD quality, I can't currently find a way to make it widely shared, so if anyone has any ideas ...

Dolly
--
Jim French
fbi at insulate.co.uk