[SEL] Last Ride of a Great Engine Truck

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 17:02:04 PDT 2006

Come on now, Paul.

  I have seen pictures of those fine toys you have made,,,,
  You can fix that truck.  Think of it as one little project at a time.

  OR

  Since the rear axle is loose,,,,,
  This would be a great time to build a Papercrete mixer.  8>))
  http://www.greenhomebuilding.com/papercrete.htm

  Looks to me like it was a good thing that you loaned your truck instead of a smaller car.
  Also looks like your grandson needs a couple driving lessons.  The wheels need to stay down at all times, even while the truck is flying.

  Alan Bowen
  Williamsburg, Michigan
  U.S. of A.

Paul Maples <paulmaples at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    Well gang the truck that I have used for the last 16-1/2 years to haul the old iron around is "no more". My grandson ask to borrow it last Wednesday evening to go out to his grandmother's to get some clothes so he could spend the night here. Here is a before picture when I had just returned from a previous engine trip:

  http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g36/wheelterrapin/TruckPicture.jpg

Here is the after pictures as of last Wednesday night, September 13, 2006: Click on this symbol to start the slide show and then hit the start button

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/554121770/2192077580049103604kFKmAa

He survived with a concussion, the passenger survived with some back pain other than this they walked away from it.

Paul