[SEL] Miracle of the SEL List!

Rick Rowlands rowlands1941 at adelphia.net
Tue Sep 19 05:47:48 PDT 2006

Ten years ago several members of this Stationary Engine List met in Youngstown, Ohio to undertake the removal of a large stationary steam engine.  Dave Rotigel, Arnie Fero, Matt Picaro, Craig Prucha, Bill Pfeiffer, DJ Rotigel, Rick Monk and myself made up what we have called the "Wrecking Crew".

The engine that we successfully removed has sat in pieces until yesterday when 250 tons of 93 year old iron was put back together in her new home.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/DSC09493.JPG

More Photos here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/554214728mqgcLZ

The engine is a 34" x 68" x 60" cross compound rolling mill engine of 4,000 HP.  The crankshaft hasn't been set into the bearings yet and the flywheel also is not together yet.

Rick Rowlands
Tod Engine Foundation