[SEL] Jumbled viewing/downloads from Oldengine.org

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 12:37:36 PDT 2006

A number of occurences have been reported to me of incorrect downloads
or page views from people with websites on Oldengine.org. I have also
had this happen to my own pages when checking new material that has
been uploaded.

It seems that at peak times in the US there is a problem with the
system handling the files, and it gets itself 'confused'. Normally it
can be cleared by reloading the page using the 'Reload' button on your
browser. I have had a variety of wrong pictures show up, some nice,
some wierd :-))

I would like to know if this is confined to just a few users or if it
is a more widespread problem, so we can go back to Jim and see if he
can sort it out with the engineering folks who look after the
hardware.

Replies off-list please, either to listerdiesel at gmail.com or to
diesel at easynet.co.uk

Thanks,