[SEL] Air Cooled Olds

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 13 10:24:10 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luke Tonneberger" <flywheelin at hotmail.com>
To: <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:38 PM
Subject: [SEL] Air Cooled Olds

> Hi Everyone,
> I went and looked at an engine to possibly purchase and when I first saw it
> I said to myself it is an air cooled Ideal. It looked just like the engine
> pictured here:
> http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1701825&a=13403048&p=71933509&f=0
> http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1701825&a=13403048&p=71933510&f=0
> http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1701825&a=13403048&p=71933511&f=0
> http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1701825&a=13403048&p=71933512&f=0
> The only thing that threw me is there is a small brass tag rivited to the
> crankguard that says Olds with a serial number. Did Olds make an air cooled
> engine that looks just like the Ideal pictured above?
> Luke Tonneberger
> Rockford, Michigan
> USA

Hi Luke, this is a subject I know a bit about as I tried to buy one for 10 years
only to have the owner sell to someone else when I forget to ask the 10th time.
See page 362 in the Big Yellow Bible  (Vol 1) The first entry does mention R E Olds.
This engine is the successor of the Ideal Engine. BYB pages 238/239.
I hope this helps you.
Dave Croft
Warrington
http://oldengine.org/members/croft/homepage