[SEL] Casting Demo

Rick Rowlands rowlands1941 at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 11 16:41:25 PDT 2006

Its more efficient until the electric company throws in a monkey wrench
called "demand".  At 80KW demand x $14 per KW that effectively kills any
profit that I might make. Then you add the .05 cents per KW for the actual
electric that I use.

I chose to go with an induction furnace because its what I was familiar with
from other foundries.  I'm exploring other options right now with other
types of melting furnaces, either coke fired cupola or oil fired reverb.

Rick