[SEL] OT OE won't recognize and open mailbox folders

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Oct 31 12:26:48 PST 2006

At 07:00 PM 31/10/2006, you wrote:
>Message: 43
>Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:40:54 -0700
>From: "Dave Otto" <dotto at velocitus.net>
>Subject: RE: [SEL] OT  OE won't recognize and open mailbox folders
>
>Gary
>I think what you need to do is to export your pst file from your old PC and
>then import it to your new one. This should take care of your address book
>and all your folders and messages.
>Dave
>
>Dave Otto
>Boise, Idaho

Hi Dave,
         I hope you do not think I'm being "picky" but a small correction
to your post. Outlook uses the .PST file - Outlook Express (the free one
used by the original poster of the question) uses  .dbx files (eg.
Inbox.dbx) usually found here:

{Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
Data\Identities\{052FFDD8-A4CB-46DC-A3F7-BCE82118B9B2}\Microsoft\Outlook
Express} (of course assuming you are the Administrator - otherwise under
{Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\etc.}

         Similarly Address book {YOUR USER NAME.WAB) is normally found here:
{D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator (or YOUR USER NAME)\Application
Data\Microsoft\Address Book}.

         Otherwise you are correct - they have to be "imported" - you
cannot just copy or drag them over.

         Sometimes I have posted stuff like this and some list members have
reacted badly. The reason I have posted this is NOT to show "HOW SMART I AM
!!" - it is to try to help someone who knows less than me - all in the
sense of trying to be helpful. I trust that you (and them) see it that way.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---