[SEL] Remove us from your list

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Tue Oct 31 12:27:21 PST 2006

Question - since this list and many others require an email confirmation,
how would someone get joined?
I know that last night I got one of those "Welcome to our list" messages
and it required that I click a link within that message to confirm and if
I did nothing for 48 hours, it would abort and I'd not be signed up.
That was a list I did not sign up for - but the time and IP address of the
person who was supposed to be me was listed at the bottom of their email,
with my email address.
The addy was right, the IP address was for NY, the time, yes, I was on the
computer, but my IP address wasn't even close.
So since I needed to reply or click a link to confirm and I did not,
supposedly I'm not in, but in the past month I've found myself inundated
with lists and spam that states I recently signed up for the message or to
be on their list.
How can anyone be joined to THIS list since it requires a confirmation and
the confirmation would supposedly go to the email of the person being
"spammed".
How could anyone like a spammer or jerk sign up someone for this list that
didn't want to be on this list - how did that person get on this
list!???!!??! Perhaps this list is not hack-proof??

Rob?
Anyone?

Bill