[SEL] RE: Hit Miss Engine Related mailbox

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Tue Oct 31 08:26:48 PST 2006

When in high school I built something similar for our farm mail box.  Our
small burg didn't have anything as exotic as a junked Mack crank, but there
were plenty of Ford V-8 cranks to be had for the asking.

I merely cut off the excess from the pulley ends, then welded two cranks
end-to-end.  As the Brits would say, it worked a treat.   That way I had a
bolting flange on each end; one for the flywheel base and the other for the
mail box perch.

After painting it black and gold (the journals and throws), it presented a
very striking (and solid) appearance.

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger
Colton, Washington, USA