[SEL] OT tractor engine question....

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Oct 31 05:24:45 PST 2006

Bill,
Would be curious to see a picture of what you are talking about as I
can't recall seeing anything like what you are describing. But my guess
is that it has nothing at all to do with efficiency or heating speed,
but more to do with reducing manufacturing costs. Even with fixturing,
it takes time and mill work to machine the head and mating intake
manifold flat from the raw castings. If you are able to eliminate this
cost you can go to market with a lower cost product and gain more sales
that a comparably sized tractor. But this is just a guess......
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC